POS systems have been evolving over the years and over the last two years they have EXPLODED onto the scene. With major institutions placing these in droves. Ikea, Dave and Busters, Walmart, McDonalds, and many others have started using these types of kiosks to enhance the customer experience.
The great things about these units is they can be completely tailored to whatever application you may need. With so many options to suit your needs the Diebold Nixdorf Solution also comes in many different shapes and forms.
Anything from Self-Checkout and weighted scales to Self-Ordering units for casual dining to fine dining.
A recent study showed 77% of consumers “prefer to scan items themselves to be able to leave the store more quickly”
Source: Nielsen International Grocery Shopping and Technology Survey commissioned by Diebold Nixdorf
Here are some of the benefits:
- Less human staff being required to serve customers/passengers, resulting in resources savings for the business
- Staff free for personalized/enhanced customer service
- Less queuing or reducing waiting times for customers/passengers, which also helps reduce stress for any remaining counter staff
- Smaller kiosks, such as tablet kiosks, can often be adjustable, which is great for ergonomics, accessibility and means they can be moved when required to meet the needs of your business.
- More people served in a shorter space of time, increasing efficiency and related profits
- Improving the customer experience by giving them control of finding information or checking in/out
- Providing an adaptable and evolving solution, as the technology used can be upgraded without needing to replace the whole kiosk, in many cases
- Offering multiple features and functions; the same kiosk can offer information as well as take payments, print tickets and generate more revenue through upsells and advertising